Parish Profile

St. Thomas Armenian Church

174 Essex Dr. Tenafly, NJ 07670

(201) 567-5446


Pastor: Very Rev. Fr. Papken Anoushian

Establishment: 1957

Consecrated: April 3-4, 1965

Sanctuary: The parish owns its permanent sanctuary, which is not the original one. The previous sanctuary was housed in the church auditorium, which was on the church property from 1961-65. After building the auditorium in 1961, the parish built a parsonage in 1963, a church complex in 1964, a kitchen, classrooms, and a youth room in 1985. Major benefactors include Mr. and Mrs. Garbis Kirikian, Dr. and Mrs. Harout Mekhjian, and Mr. Rupen Saddler.

Support Our Programs