St. Peter Armenian Church
Pastor: Rev. Fr. Stepanos Doudoukjian
Establishment: January 2, 1899
Consecration: September 19, 1971 by Archbishop Torkom Manoogian
Sanctuary: The parish owns a permanent sanctuary. Services were originally held in St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Troy, NY. A church was purchased in Green Island, NY, in 1913, which was consecrated on July 30, 1916. In 1927, a Methodist Church in Troy, NY, was purchased and consecrated by Abp. Tirayr DerHovanesian. They Troy church was sold November 16, 1970 to Bethlehem Temple Church.
In 1965, firty-seven acres in Watervliet were purchased from Mrs. Agnes Wiswall. Construction of the new church was completed in 1970.